I’ve just uploaded screen-cast from implementing haxeRush android version with NME. I wanted it to be about 30 minutes long but ended up having almost 40 minute because I decided to provide some more details here and there. For sure porting game implemented like it is done in previous part could be done in less than 30 minutes but this was not my objective. read more »
For quite a long time I was having an idea of creating a simple, proof-of-concept, cross-platform game in haXe to demonstrate how really easy it is to implement entire game (both frontend and backend as well as the mobile version from the same codebase) with this awesome technology. This is how haxeRush was born
The game itself is super-simple and does not pretend to be “real” competitor on the market (actually you need to provide a some more then just such a simple gameplay to compete on social or mobile market). It is made purely for demonstration and education purposes. Gameplay is very simplified clone of latest game from wooga - Diamond Dash. I needed something simple and fun and also easy to adopt for touching devices so this was a prefect candidate. I also though that the new haXe logo would be a play the role of gems inside my game really nicely read more »
Recently, after haxeCon in May I got really exited to try some mobile development possibilities with Haxe and NME (many thanks for really inspring session and source code sharing to Tarwin from Touchmypixel!). The performance of displaying animations (based on spritesheets) was very low at first so I decided to take a closer look at it. I’ve implemented a small spritesheet rendering/animation framework as part of my personal library and decided to compare some results. This is how I got into writing those few tests.
read more »